Use the Site Securely
Note: We will never ask for your password. Any correspondence (phone, letter or via email) asking for this is not from us - ignore or delete these requests
- Make sure that no one is able to see you enter your email address & password
- Do not share your account details with anyone else
- Make sure that you are using a different password from other sites. If you are, you should use the reset password option to change it
- If you feel overwhelmed by memorising many passwords, consider using a password manager
- Avoid using Open and unsecured Wi-Fi hotspots (ones that don’t need a password to connect to) which hacker could use to intercept the data you enter.
- If you must use a public or unsecured Wi-Fi, consider using a VPN application for additional security
- Don’t connect to an unknown or unrecognised wireless access point. Hackers may have created it and chosen to name the Wifi connection something similar to the public area connection, so you may need to ask for clarification of the Wifi name as well as the password from the Wi-Fi owner
If you are going to check the ‘Remember me?’ login option, make sure you are using a device that isn’t shared with anyone else. If another person accesses the site they will be able to see your email address, which means they will only need your password to gain access to your account.
When you are done using My Staff Shop, you should use the logout option. This will make sure that your session ends. If you don’t and just close the browser, another user could open the browser and will have access to your account when re-visiting the site
When entering your account details or any sensitive/personal data, look for the green padlock.
Don’t enter sensitive details when a green padlock is not present
If you have clicked on one of our offers and their site has a data entry page that asks for such data without a padlock, email us with details of the offer and a screenshot of the page it is on for us to look into.
You can also read about cookies at All About Cookies.